Monday, December 21, 2009

Grandma Anna Hartung Black’s Christmas Fruitcake
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 cup raisins
1 cup dates
1 cup nutmeats
2 cups cold water
1 cup lard
Boil all together for 1/2 minute.
When cool add:
2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups flour
Bake at 350.
Put paper in bottom of pans to keep from sticking.
My Mother said that Grandma Anna Black made this fruitcake for Christmas every year and then my Mother made it and now the fruitcake has become my tradition. So off to the kitchen! Merry Christmas and Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is missing some brandy or rum??? Otherwise, perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Keep posting (and I'll catch up with you)
    Yer cousin (once removed)
    Gail

    ReplyDelete